Search this Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I Spy with my London Eye

LONDON!!!!!!!!!! I'm in LONDON!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to having the BEST job in the world, I'm on yet another paid (and paid for) vacation. This time we're in London for the next 2 weeks, and I'm thrilled to be here! Once upon a time I wanted to go to school here, but my then boyfriend vetoed that. Good thing too because NYC is where I'm very, very meant to be! Thank you then-boyfriend. ;P Content to be playing tourist, here's what we've been up to.....

We met in London yesterday from opposite ends of Christmas vacation. I came from CA, and the family came from Nevis (island off the Caribbean). We spent most of the day in the hotel sleeping and battling tantrums (Hayden). Good old Jet Lag. We did wander out for dinner in search of a quick bite at a local pub where I had one of my favorite dishes: Shepard's Pie. Something you should know about Pubs, they don't cater to kids after 6pm. Some after 4pm. Just FYI.

We're in Mayfair at Claridge's Hotel. It's lovely. Very elegant and, well, English! I really like it. I'm addressed by "Mum", "Love", "Miss", and "Dear" a lot! I can't get enough of the accent. It's lovely! The terms and exclamations they make are grand, too. Bloody brilliant. I fully plan on bringing back some English dialect to NYC and throwing it around every chance I get. :)

Today was so much fun! We went to the London Eye and London Aquarium, followed by lunch at kid friendly hot spot Giraffe and then an impromptu ride on a Carousel that ended the day in perfection.

Riding on beautifully painted horses (mine was named Herbert) underneath the London Eye and across from Big Ben and Parliament was surreal. Parliament is my favorite building so far. It's gorgeous! As the Carousel circled and we laughed at each up and down, I had a moment. A moment where I knew I wasn't dreaming but was living the dream. The ongoing dream that I worked so hard to get to and is now my life! Here I am, alive and well. Very, very well. Here I am, living a wonderfully full life, with 4 people I love dearly, in Europe! Here I am! :)

The London Eye

"Punting on the Thames" --Mary Poppins


Big Ben (clock tower) and Parliament


3's company: Bubble-Pod


North West


Carousel


Sunset

3 comments:

Kariann said...

You DO have the best job in the world!! How lucky are you!!! Hope you have a safe awesome time!! Maybe you'll find yourself a cute English guy!! ;)

Brad, Lisa and family said...

How fun to hear of your London adventures Sarah....enjoy!! We're heading to the beach for some fun in the CR sun :) Happy New Year!

A. said...

Looks like soooooo much fun!!! I'm quite jealous! ;)