Search this Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm too cold to be having fun

It's no stretch that Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park starts with the word "Winter".

Today was another day for the kiddos and I to head out on our own sans parental units. Jasper wanted to go to Winter Wonderland one more time (they went on my day off) to ride some rides. Since it was the last day, we went.

We got there when it opened at 10am and for the next hour Jasper and Hayden were the only kids on every ride they went on. It was sooooo COLD!!!!!!!!!! Cold isn't even the right word. FREEZING. Literally. I couldn't feel my toes 10 minutes in. And we were bundled. It's not like we don't know to wear layers and scarves and boots and hats and gloves. We're New Yorkers! Still, we froze. The weather here is very similar to NY right now, only we've been willing to overlook that since it's London and there's so much to see and do to distract us. No. Not today. Today there was no overlooking and around 11:15am Jasper said, "I'm too cold to be having fun."
Fine with me! I hopped them in a taxi faster than you could say "defrost" and home we went.

We did manage to get in some fun before we turned to icicles though. :)

Trucks and Tractors are so in right now.

No comments: