Search this Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

It can't all be roses. I'd get bored without the thorns.

Don't let my last ranting post convince you we're not having a good time. We are!!!!! There are bad times, like with anything. That's part of life and makes the good times all the more cherished.

Today we went to The Tropical Forest in Syon Park (home to the Duke of Northumberland). It was about a 30 minute taxi ride, so pretty far, but well worth it. We got to see and hold all kinds of cool creatures and Jasper was the bravest of all. He held every single one including the Scorpion!!! Hayden loved seeing all the animals too, but mostly from a distance.

After naps we went to Hamleys, one of the world's largest toy shops. The review said it was an experience that would never be forgotten, but it wasn't all that great. We all think FAO Schwartz is better.

If you want to get a real smile out of Jasper, just put an animal in his hands.

All I remember about this Lizard is: GIGANTIC

Hayden wasn't so sure about the Frog, but Jasper loved him. "I think he really liked me because he was holding on tight!"

Bearded Dragon

No Fear. Jasper was brave, too. ;)

Lady the Ferret

I don't remember this part being in the job description...

Braving the Boa

Rosy the Chilean Rose Tarantula. She was so soft!!! I kind of want one now. I don't think wanting a Penguin, a Tarantula, and Six Kids is so outrageous, do you?

2 comments:

A. said...

if you get a tarantula, I will be forced to never visit you again. Just an FYI. I don't care how "soft" it is -- get a hamster.

A. said...

Oh, and I'm glad you're having fun! :)