Search this Blog

Friday, January 2, 2009

Science does not know its debt to imagination

Science was never my best subject when it came to breaking down neutrons and protons and all that, but I do remember always having fun with the experiments!

Today Jasper, Hayden and I went to the Science Museum while the parents had a day to themselves.

We explored the Garden where they have a whole water area for kids to measure, pour, drain, and control water in different ways. That was Hayden's favorite. The Plasticity exhibit featured all sorts of things made out of plastic and was my favorite. Jasper's favorite was Exploring Space, Motionride Simulator (he was too young to go on but he watched), and Flight. We also saw exhibits on Telecommunications, Energy Hall, Docks and Diving, and Mathematics which were really interesting. There are 88 exhibits in total so we might be going back again before we leave!
Cloakroom and Loo, both words I plan on integrating into my American vocabulary ;)

A Chandelier made entirely out of plastic Bic pens. I want one.

Water

Energy

Space


**Title quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: