Search this Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Loss or Damage

Amaya and I have spent a good portion of the day calling car rental companies for weekend plans.

AMAYA TO AGENT (on speaker phone so we can both listen): Do these rates include insurance?
RENTAL AGENT: No. It's $9 per day for Loss and Damage or $12 per day for full coverage.
AMAYA: So it's $9 for basic insurance?
AGENT: No it's $9 for loss or damage.
AMAYA: Loss? Of what?
ME (whispering): The car?!
AMAYA: I'm sorry...Loss of THE CAR?!
AGENT: Yes Ma'am.
ME: HYSTERICALLY LAUGHING (tears, and tears)
AMAYA (snorting and trying to keep it together): Yeah...that's not going to be a problem. I think we can keep track of the car. We will need full coverage though.

Later (after booking a car with another company and moving on to other things)....

AMAYA: Oh my gosh! Look at my eye brows! Why didn't you tell me I have a unibrow?!?!
ME: What?! I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't look at your face!

Just imagine what 5 hours in the car will be like! :)

No comments: