Search this Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere

Don't you just love it when celebrations get dragged out and the whole month becomes your birthday? Ooooohhhhhh I do! :) As previously mentioned I have a marvelous friend named Jess with marvelous taste in music. For my birthday she treated me to an Owl City show at the Bowery Ballroom. They are a new band favorite of mine that she tuned my ears to. It is the second band ever to reduce me to tears. Yes, that's a good thing. ;)

Owl City is the name of a project formed in early 2007 consisting of one member, Adam Young. Young started out making music in his parents' basement, which he claims is a result of his insomnia. The music is influenced by disco, European electronic music, 1980s synthpop and New Wave. He also happens to be quite cute.

The music video of their single Fireflies is what got me hooked. However this video, made by a fan, is pretty much the cutest thing ever and also happens to be of my favorite song, Vanilla Twilight. The Best!

The show was excellent. Sold out. I was surprised to see Taylor Swift standing 20 steps away from me, and when the crowd discovered her they went crazy. I loved seeing how much the band loves the music. They're all so cute! Everyone (drummer, violinist, cellist) was singing along while they were playing, and when they weren't playing they couldn't help but dance.

Neither could the rest of us.
I LOVED it. Thank you Jess!!!!!!!

No comments: