Search this Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Doin' the "piiirrp! piiirrp!" Pigeon (Italy Day 4)

Today was our last day in Venice, so we did it up right!

First we went to the Venice Naval History Museum (and I bought a mask along the way! 1/2 my Masquerade costume is complete!)
The boys liked seeing the cannons and "pirate ships".
Then we took one last trip to Piazza San Marco to feed the pigeons!!!!! I read, after the fact, that you're not supposed to do that anymore (which is probably why they stopped selling pigeon feed), due to the waste damage on the historic sites but....we had a few extra bread sticks. ;)
It was SOOOOO much fun. I took at least thirty pictures in five minutes.
After that we went to a small Murano Glass shop where the boys chose some tiny glass animal souvenirs (they went to a glass blowing factory in Murano--a Venetian Island--the day I was off). I got some souvenirs too.
Of course you can't wander through Venice without a cone of delicious Gelato in hand!
Hayden was being such a goof!
The hand in the pocket was all him. Can you say "Blue Steel"?
By the end of the day we were all tired and ready to say goodbye.
Ciao Venice! We'll miss you! Thanks for reminding us of how magical life is.

1 comment:

bobias said...

your "family" totally makes me smile. i am so glad you have the & vice versa!