Search this Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Venice (Italy Day 1)

Woe is me I have to go on another working vacation.
This time, I'm being dragged around ITALY!!!!!!
It's beautiful. It's like being in a movie. Every step has my jaw dropping. The colors, the canals, the buildings, the beauty! Pictures don't even do it justice, but that doesn't stop me from taking them! Now I understand why this is a favorite for so many. I'm in love.

Today, after we arrived and napped, we took the shuttle boat (NO cars here, just feet and boats!) from our hotel (Hotel Cipriani) to Venice Proper. It drops us off at the entry way to Piazza San Marco.

We walked around the Piazza (above) and ate Gelato. YUM!
Poked our heads into local shops, and went on a Gondola ride.
Magical.
Jasper loved it.
And Hayden too!
They're really sweet.....
....but watch out!
Who needs to buy a Carnival Mask when you can be your own?!

I LOVE people watching. So I snuck up on a few unsuspecting spectators.
Girlfriends sitting on the edge of a pier sharing a bottle of wine....
...and a Bride!
They're in love, and so am I!

1 comment:

Sugar MAgnolia Creations said...

awww yay! How old were the girls sharing wine? To me they looked 12. LOL

The boys are sooooooo cute.