Search this Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Got The Call

One of my favorite covers of all time, at the right time.



The Heart of the Matter - India.Arie

I got the call today, I didn't wanna hear
But I knew that it would come

An old true friend of ours was talkin' on the phone

She said you found someone


And I thought of all the bad luck,

And the struggles we went through

And how I lost me and you lost you

What are these voices outside love's open door

Make us throw off our contentment

And beg for something more?


I've been learning to live without you now

But I miss you sometimes

The more I know, the less I understand

All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning them again


I've been tryin' to get down to the Heart of the Matter

But my will gets weak

And my heart is so shattered

But I think it's about forgiveness

Forgiveness

Even if, even if you don't love me anymore


Full Lyrics:
HERE


No comments: