Search this Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

"Love will find you, even if you're trying to hide from it. I've been trying to hide from it since I was 5, but the girls keep finding me." -Bobby, 8

My week has had a very "relationship-y" (or lack thereof) tune to it. Must be something in the air. Whether it be in my own life or the lives of my closest gal pals, boy troubles seem to be going around right now!

One friend received an email from her "it's-complicated-significant-other" that read:
"Isn't it crazy how many things get in the way of two people being together.

The thing about relationships is that we think that things like personalities, a change in desires, habits, and the outside influences get in the way...

Funny how the biggest road block is always the same no matter who you are...

Time"


And although I may not be his biggest fan, I have to say I completely agree with his thought process on this, which I never would have realized or thought about unless it had been spelled out for me. Interesting....

My second favorite quote of the week comes from one of my closest Mom-friends:
"Rejection is divine Protection" --Rebecca Land-Soodak

This provided one of those "Ah-hah" moments, much like when the phrase "He's just not that into you" surfaced, because it's SO TRUE! He may not be that into you, but what a huge favor (or divine protection) that he's not because otherwise you wouldn't have the "time" to find the fantastic one that IS.

I'm not admitting anything, but the ABC magnets on our fridge might just re-arrange themselves into that quote somehow... ;P

No comments: