Search this Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Better Than Halloween

I know, I know, what could be better than my favorite holiday of all, Halloween??!! Well, friends, you haven't known the purpose of dressing up until you've been to: The Mermaid Parade.

To quote my roommate's awesome blog description: "Basically, freaks and geeks from far and wide don MERMAID costumes and parade down the boardwalk, and thousands of people come to watch. Some of them are draped in fishnets, some are covered in seashells, and some aren't really covered at all..."

They say a picture is worth a thousand words....luckily, I took about a thousand pictures!

Best dressed 5yr old Mermaid EVER!

She rocked it.

Then there was the larger than life Octopus....

And of course a 20ft Seahorse....

My favorites: Groovin', shakin', Mermaidin'. The dancing, Oooohhhh the dancing!

The one day you can't get arrested for indecent exposure--now that's something to hula hoop about!

Roomies "H" and "No H" wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' about what we're going to wear in it next year!! :)


For the 800 other photos I took you can check out the albums here:
That I would be a Mermaid fair... (1)
That I would be a Mermaid fair... (2)

No comments: