Search this Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm SO into you

I didn't make it to Waverly Inn. :( I was too sick. Down and Out. At 3 :45pm I was in the bathroom again for about the 7th time that day, not even able to keep down 7-Up & Saltines. I meandered into roomie Sara's room, shaking and pale, and asked her to take my place and go with Amaya to dinner. Her response, as I'm nearly passing out in her doorway, "Sarah! It's WAVERLY INN. Pull yourself together!!!!!!"

I couldn't. I wished I could but there was just no way. She agreed to go, while trying her best to conceal her excitement. As she & Amaya left she said, "I feel really bad that you can't go....but I'm EXCITED!!!!" I was excited, too. Sending someone as equally as thrilled as I was (pre-poisoning) and aware of how awesome it was, felt like going myself. I was bummed, but since any mention of food made me want to hurl it wasn't that difficult to sit this one out. If anything I was more disappointed about not getting to wear my adorable Valentine's outfit. So they went, and had a delicious time.
Fortunately, I live here! And I now know I'm hot enough to score reservations, so there will definitely be a next time. Hopefully with a boy. :)

For the next 2hrs I sat in bed talking to said boy-possibility and as time went on I began to feel better and better. He has that effect. ;) I felt well enough to pull it together and at least make the 2nd half of my date, seeing "He's Just Not That Into You".

We were supposed to see it at 9pm, but I wasn't thinking clearly when I made the plans and not only did I not buy tickets online, but I also chose a theatre in TIMES FREAKING SQUARE. You'd think after 4yrs of living here I would know better. You would think. It was the only time that fit in with dinner reservations, but still I should have been thinking more clearly. I generally avoid Times Square like the plague. It's what I call "500 footer" (usually referring to men)--beautiful from afar, but the closer you get the more the beauty wears off. 9pm and 10pm were sold out and the theatre was a MADHOUSE. We got tickets for the 11pm show, I got some Gatorade to restore my electrolytes, and Lyndsee, Amaya, and I spent quality girl time on the floor waiting in line for 2hrs. I was still pretty weak so I spent quality time sleeping on the floor while Amaya & Lyndsee hung out, and took advantage of my weakened state.
I was oblivious to most converstaions, but I did catch "We should make her ass it's own Facebook Page!"
I might be too stubborn for my own good.
Delirious

The movie was adorable. We LOVED it. My favorite scene was, "Laugh Out Loud! We Won!" Ginnifer Goodwin might be the cutest thing on the planet.

But this was what brought it home for me:
Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs, and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, every story we're told implores us to wait for it. The third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don't. The ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you. On your own, picking up the pieces and starting over. Freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the un-returned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope.

I never threw up again (always a plus!) and I was VERY into my two Valentine's Day dates. They are THE BEST!!!!!!


1 comment:

Sugar MAgnolia Creations said...

Awww poor sarah. I love that purse btw...glad you are feeling better. Kisses.