Search this Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pick One

THERAPIST (over the phone): Why do you feel therapy is necessary for you right now?

ME:
Well, in the past 3 weeks my mom was institutionalized (again), my Dad died the next day, the ghost of relationships past is haunting me (insert mouth dropping examples here), and I'm in the middle of writing a Memoir which by itself had initially inspired me to consider the idea.
Everything else was really just a "push me through the door" bonus.

THERAPIST:
Yes, we should definitely meet.

Here's hoping that one day I at least end up published.... ;)

1 comment:

A. said...

LOL

I've had those "pick one" moments... it's the "where do you want to start?" ;)

Therapy is fabulous... and like my friend Hallie said, "It's like braces, not all that fun when you're doing it, but you're glad you did in the end!" ;)

xoxoxo