Search this Blog

Friday, May 8, 2009

Xander is 10 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!

The assent into double digit months is on!
Next time he'll be a single number will be when we begin counting years...AHHH!!!!!


~10 Things I Love About Xander:
~

1. He goes with the flow. This includes, but is not limited to, having his diaper changed in shady bathroom stalls as he lays on a floor covered in paper towels. It's a small price to pay for having someone else wipe your butt.

2. Baby Got Black! It's coming out slowly but surely! LOVE IT.
And yes, he's sooooo BIG. This was a week before he turned 10 months. He looks like he's 13 months!

3. He thinks Auntie Sarah is hilarious. Not even stuffing his face with cantaloupe at a beautiful Central Park Picnic is distracting enough to keep him from cracking up. Considering his absolute love of all things edible, this is the best form of flattery in my opinion. :)
That would be the back of me on the right--my face wasn't so photographically charming that day. Perhaps that's what was so funny?! I swear it's my charming witt & personality. ;P

4. His swim lessons are paying off and he knows how to enjoy a good AZ vacation as well as anyone else!

5. He's all about the drama.
If you're not giving him any, he'll make sure he gives you some!
Unlike most babies his age, he doesn't ignore TV after a couple seconds. Instead, he is enthralled by story lines and what will happen next. Especially in Sponge Bob Square Pants. And sports. He makes Daddy proud. Luckily he's not a couch potato and this also applies to books. If he's pissed off, grab a book and start reading; calms him instantly.

6. He has the biggest baby teeth I have ever SEEN! (I don't know why this suprirses me considering nothing about him is small.) 4 on top and 2 on bottom. He cut the top ones Easter night as we were all driving back from CT to NYC. Lucky for me, I was in my own car behind them, but the poor child was screaming & throwing up the entire 2hr drive and spent most of the night in misery. :( Thank goodness it paid off when the biggest most adorable teeth revealed themselves the next morning.
You can also see them really well in the picture of him laughing at me in #3

7. He doesn't get jealous that I spend my days with other kids, but instead invites us (and our friends) over for Playdates so he can get in on the action too.
Pearce, Hayden, Xander

8. He enjoys a good game of peek-a-boo.

9. He's culturally aware and can appreciate a trip to see The Statue of Liberty.

10. His smile is my own personal Lite-Brite:
It might be missing a few "pegs", but it lights up the room anyways!
Batteries not required.

BONUS VIDEO:
(Taken with a cell phone so quality isn't the best, but his laugh sure is!)

2 comments:

Karley said...

my little boy is the ymmmiest, munchiest lovey ever. Thanks for loving him with me :) I love your unbirthday updates.

A. said...

I concur with Karley -- yummiest, muchiest lovey ever. SO cute. :)