Search this Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ghetto Survivor

I love my [planned] visits to CA.
I love seeing friends and family.
I especially love the random, spur of the moment action that takes place constantly.
It makes for great life material, and even better reading material!

Today, after seeing a movie with my Mom, brother, and his friend, the following conversation spilled out:

BRO: How do I get to Bank of America?
ME: It's on High St.
BRO: Ok....How do I get to Bank of America?
MOM: It's near Crack Corner; just go a little past Crack Corner and you're there.
BRO: Oh! Ok! See you back at the house in 10 minutes.

Suddenly my love for and relation to the song "All the Above" by Maino made total sense.
One lyrical example (though most are very relatable):
I done been through the pain and the sorrow
The struggle is nothing but love (nothing but love)
I'm a soldier, a rider, a ghetto survivor
And all the above

This slightly lessened the blow, and Level Ten Concern, that my mother not only used "Crack Corner" appropriately, not only used it twice in one sentence, but also didn't bat an eye while doing so.
Nice.




1 comment:

Kariann said...

HILARIOUS!!! :) I love your mom!! Glad you are having a good time!!