Search this Blog

Friday, June 12, 2009

Maybe that's Exactly right

Shortly after I started my current job as the privileged Nanny to Jasper (5) and Hayden (2), the family suffered a loss of one of their very first members: their dog, Buster.
Buster met a sad end involving an accidental open door at the Groomers and a Taxi Cab. :(
He is survived by his loving family of humans and dog mate Lily.
(A few months later puppy Chaplain joined the family giving Lily companionship and excersise once more, and provides endless entertainment to the boys--Hayden especially.)

Today, I was walking with the boys to the Children's Museum of Manhattan for a play date. This next week I'm going on vacation (YAY!) and was talking to Jasper about what he might do this next week and what I might do while I'm away.

The following conversation ensued:

ME: I'm going to see my friends and family.
JASPER: But your Daddy's dead, right?
ME: Yeah, he is. But my Mom's still alive so I'll get to see her.
JASPER: Well, that's ok, because maybe Buster is your Daddy's dog now!!!!
ME (yes instantly choked up): Yeah!! Maybe!! My Dad loved dogs!
JASPER: Yeah! And Buster loved Daddy's!!!!!


I think that kid is on to something.... ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's the best thing i've read all year! what a kid! :) besos,
amy

Jami said...

That's beautiful. And just what I needed to hear. Right. Now. We had to put our cat down about an hour ago. Thank you, Sarah.

Tracy said...

Its not heaven without the dogs! What a wonderful moment that must have been.