Search this Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Irish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Ireland was breathtaking. Partially because it was freezing and I didn't want to exhale, but mostly because it was gorgeous and I would forget to inhale. The Irish are the most genuine and kind people I have EVER met. My favorite part of the whole trip was the people. The men are tall and handsome and polite and courteous. The women are beautiful and funny and generous.
I am exceptionally thankful.

Rina, Me, Melissa on the bus into Dublin's City Centre
Free Irish Dance Show in the Temple Bar district
Dunguaire Castle, Kinvara
Kinvara
It's alllll about Guinness in Ireland.
I happily had a 1/2 pint of Coke in a stray restaurant between Galway and the Cliffs of Moher. I fell in love with how cute the glass was! I wanted to nonchalantly put it in my bag (this may have been inspired by a Guinness Glass snatching episode of 2003...maybe). Instead, I chose to be honest. I regretted that decision when I got back to Dublin (3hrs away) and discovered they don't sell them in souvenir shops. Nor do they have them in bars because...people would steal them! Gee, wonder why. If you don't sell them what are we supposed to do?!
Poulnabrone Dolmen, The Burren (County Clare)
One of the best parts of the trip was, in the middle of the The Burren, seeing a stable-escaped horse galloping down the road wearing his jacket and excitedly looking behind him to see if he was being followed. He was. The owner was zipping behind him in a tiny white car and caught up about 1/2 a mile later once the horse stopped trotting. Amazing.
The Cliffs of Moher (said "more")
It was so foggy on the cliffs that our hair was sopping wet
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: