Search this Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

To Sum Things Up

I never have time to blog any more because I'm either working, or studying, or gallivanting with my boyfriend, or studying, or traveling, or going out on dates with said boyfriend, or studying. Sometimes I sleep. Have I mentioned there's been a lot of studying...and time with the boyfriend? I'm tempted to complain, but learning how to fall in love again whilst getting an education and having the best job in the world makes it difficult. And after all that, I'm too exhausted anyways. Besides, when I do complain it's reserved for my besties (you know who you are, and thank you!!) who can sympathize or tell me to get a grip! I try to reserve blogging is for the good stuff (mostly). So here's the latest good stuff...

********************
Tom and I made a quick getaway to VA to 1) escape a weekend of rain in NYC 2) see one of my best childhood friends and 3) take a ride on this beast: The Intimidator 305The fastest, tallest roller coaster in the U.S.!!!! We dropped 305ft at 94mph. Tom blacked out, but not before giving me fair warning on the ground that with a strong enough g-force that tends to happen and could result in death. He made sure I knew his Mother's contact info and told me I could have his sweatshirt and whatever cash was in his wallet. Thanks dear! Luckily we survived all the rides and had a great weekend!

******************
Shrek Forever After Premiered in L.A. and we got to walk the Green Carpet! Thank you, boss, for writing such a fun movie and hiring me to play with your kids while you do so. The highlight of the day for me was seeing Travis Barker. My seventh grade self was re-born and completely star struck. Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas just couldn't compete after that.

********************
Jasper turned SIX! He may be getting older but he remains pretty much impossible to get to smile or take a decent picture with on command (he's a candid kid--gotta catch him in action!).
Serious or silly, he sure does have a handsome face! Tom & I participated in the celebrations and caught some surprise sun on the way there.
I may look like a ripe tomato in this picture, but at least I'm a happy tomato!

********************
Tom and I fostered an 11 week old black lab named Gator.
He was the perfect puppy, so mild mannered and sweet and non-chewy, smelly, or drooly. If we had more time and space we would have kept him ourselves, but finding him a good home did just fine. We were able to potty train him and get him adopted within a week! His new family lives in the building next door so we can visit whenever we want and sometimes run into him on the street.

********************
I guess, to sum things up, all I can say is life has been busily beautiful lately.

No comments: