Search this Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

311 and The Offspring

A few months ago I got an email from Tom letting me know that in July we were going to a concert. His notch on my "perfect man" spectrum jiggled as my ears perked. 311 and The Offspring were playing at Jones Beach and he had scored us some pretty sweet seats to spend a warm summer night singing in.

My entire year of 8th grade flashed before my eyes in a wave of nostalgia and relief and the lyrics to Why Don't You Get a Job?, Pretty Fly (for a white guy), and Self Esteem began to play on a repeating reel as the day got closer.

I found out mid-show this was the third concert Tom's ever been to! Poor deprived little Canook. This is America, boy!
We sang... we danced... (311 onstage)
We took pictures of people who were too stoned to do either and slept through the whole thing...
And, miracle of miracles, we even took a picture of ourselves!
It was a night to blog about.

No comments: