Search this Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's a CELEBRATION!!

Attention Blog World, I need to proxy-brag:

My smart and sexy boyfriend, Tom, PASSED THE CPA EXAMS!!!!!!!!!!!! I know my excitement barely begins to cover his, so lets just say there was a lot of excitement happening today.

After a whole year of studying four separate times for each exam (that gets harder as they go) he took the last one in October, just barely making the one year mark his company required in order to reimburse him for all the test fees and give him a "you kick CPA butt" bonus if he passed. Once one test was over and passed and a small victory dance was done, Tom would dive right into preparing for the next--and I would man the couch or kitchen in my "support the auditors" stance.

Tom and I met right after the first test, so I've been around to watch him pour over notes, flashcards, and online test guides for the other three (with really annoying videos that I'm fairly certain are there to antagonize rather than encourage) and I have been constantly reminded how VERY happy I am with my career choice. I honestly have so much admiration and respect not only for Tom but for all the CPAs, Accountants and Lawyers out there who go through so much studying and cramming and brain pain. It is amazing how hard they work and how satisfying it is when it pays off. No wonder they make the big bucks! I can't imagine how relieved and happy Tom must feel, but I know I feel so proud and happy for him!

HE PASSED! Did you know the odds of passing every test the first time through are only 25%?! That's harder than The Bar. There was A LOT of study time involved. And brains. And brawn. You know, working those finger muscles on a calculator and all. *Hot!* And he didn't just "pass", oh no. He really, really, really passed with flying colors! YAY TOM!!

To celebrate, I had Tom meet me in Bryant Park to toast glasses of Martinelli's at a picnic table overlooking 6th Ave and the holiday markets. Then on to HanGawi, a delicious Korean restaurant where you sit at traditional tables (minus the crossed legs because our poor legs would fall off; you get to put your legs out under the table) and eat traditional vegetarian food that is so tasty! Tom lived in Korea for 2yrs (yes he speaks Korean--so cool!) so it's always a treat for him to get to eat some "second home cooking". If you're looking for a new place to try, this place is YUM. They take reservations, and yes you will need one.

CPA: Excessive amounts of time and $$$
Bonus: $$$$ (before tax) $ (after tax)
Fees reimbursed: $$$ (no tax!)
Never having to study again in his life: PRICELESS!