Search this Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Alphabet Dreaming

Last night I didn't sleep very well.
Visions of DW (double word), TW (triple word), and DL (double letter) word combinations were dancing through my head.
For reals.
Today I have a ridiculous kink in my neck.
But I'm *winning*!

(Well, so far. There's still plenty of time to fall behind too, but at least my fitful dreams last night are paying off!)

You know you might have a Words with Friends addiction when you start to dream about your plays. It's just so fun! Last night Tom and I played a full game in an hour and I almost had him beat.

We both scored our personal best, and I am definitely getting better.

Prior to this I had never played Scrabble so I had no clue what the rules were or what the terms on the board meant. This made me an easy target to beat in the beginning, but I'm making a come back! Yes, I have seriously been missing out. What can I say? I grew up poor and my mother was mentally unstable. I certainly didn't grow up with a lack of entertainment, it was just a different quality and style than some are used to. More imagination and real life experience, less frivolity and "useless junk". Instead, I was really into card games and word puzzles on paper. I didn't know they existed in 3D! Not one to miss out now, I caught on quick to this on-the-go game, and I think that's why I like it so much. I can play with friends on the East and West Coast or even people I don't know, all at once and at my own leisure! Games go as fast or slow as you want depending on when you and the other player have time to take your turn. You can also turn the game notifications off so your phone isn't buzzing unnecessarily and just check the game when you're good and ready (that's what I do). This is great for someone like me who loves word games but doesn't have the time very often to sit in one place and play on a board. Enter my new favorite way to multi-task!

Wanna play? Just find my username: sarahnaded and set up a game! Easy, breezy and free(zy)!

I've never really been one for phone games, I usually just use my phone for the purpose of phone / internet, but for this, I make an exception...and accept an addiction.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I hope Tris24 doesn't steal that TW so you can play "doubt"!