Search this Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A borrowed piece of solace

My adorable and sweet friend Rachel recently posted this photo during one of her routine walks through Central Park. It was taken from her iPhone without any filters or adjustments. 
Just a straight shot of beauty.
I was immediately smitten. 
So much so that I made it my phone's screen saver.
I've been having a bit of a hard time lately and my emotional cup is filled to the brim with thoughts and feelings and worries and wonders.
Yet every time I turn my phone on I immediately feel a soothing sense of calm come over me, just for a split second, as I gaze at this sunrise over the City that holds my heart. Even if it's an uneasy heart, I can always count on New York for a good-ol-fashioned "chin up kid, you got me!"
Then I unlock my phone and get back to my busy business, but I love having this little slice of serenity to enjoy. 
Thanks Rachel, for snapping this shot and giving me many subliminal breaks from my troubles and cares throughout the day. 

1 comment:

Rae said...

Awww! This seriously just made my freaking day. You have no idea how happy it made me to read this. Who'da thunk just snapping the photo and saying, "Hey fb, I love this reservoir! And this city!" would really make that big of a difference for someone else.
I guess there is some good that can come from social networking. :)
Love you Sarah!!