Search this Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

YUM: Picnic in the Park

Happy Monday! 
Did you have a good weekend? I'd love to hear.

Tom took me on a surprise picnic in Central Park! 

He ordered a basket of Italian goodness from this popular and oh-so-yum Upper West Side Italian eatery. Along the way I spotted my biggest and most often bought weakness and we picked up some of that as well. Melting factor meant dessert before (and with) lunch. Score! 
We found a semi-private plot of grass just inside the famous W. 72nd Street entrance to Central Park . We noshed on pesto pasta, cheese, olives, prosciutto, artichoke hearts, panni's, apples and water. Even the table cloth (which we sat on) was included. It was perfect. I wish I had taken photos of the food, but we ate it all up before I even thought about it. It was SO GOOD! 
We did remember to take a few post-picnic shots as we lounged and digested.

Tom's eyes were super sun sensitive initially.
So we decided to get super snuggly and smoosh right up next to each other. 
Which was better on all accounts. ;) 

After lunch we met up with our friends Kate & Alex for an afternoon movie date. We saw this, after which I immediately sanitized my hands and have been washing them more than ever before! I was definitely a little freaked...and I'm hardly a germ-o-phobe.

I love Fall. It's my favorite season, though far too short. September is my all time favorite month (even though my fave holiday falls in October, I'm a full blown September-lover) and I can't think of a better way to spend a crisp and cool Saturday afternoon than a picnic in Central Park with a hot date and some scrumptious eats! 

2 comments:

Rae said...

You guys are adorbs.

Amy said...

beyond cute. looks like a grand time! and gotta love dessert before dinner!