Search this Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Someday I'm gonna (Poetry)

(Transfer from my old blog)

Someday I’m gonna paint my walls, so plain and dull and white.
Someday I’m gonna splatter them, with life and pain and plight.
Someday I’m gonna learn to sew, with thimbles and the lot.
Someday I’m gonna finally cook, without burning that damn pot.

Someday I’m gonna parachute, from a plane high in the sky.
Someday I’m gonna count my tears, just before they dry.
Someday I’m gonna kareoke, belting it out loud.
Someday I’m gonna tell my Mom, it was she who made me proud.

Someday I’m gonna land that job, the one with all the perks.
Someday I’m gonna click my heals, to see if it really works.
Someday I’m gonna have a dog, who won’t pee on the rug.
Someday I’m gonna fall so in love, it will feel just like a drug.

Someday I’m gonna find, the person who I am.
Someday I’m gonna glow, without the glitter or the glam.
Someday I’m gonna kiss that boy, the one with long dark curls.
Someday I’m gonna be the mom, of little boys and girls.

Someday I’m gonna write, a book about my life.
Someday I’m gonna grow real big, and be somebody’s wife.
Someday I’m gonna realize, that Someday has arrived.
Someday I’m gonna have, the things for which I’ve strived.

-S.L., 2/29/08, NYC
All rights reserved.

No comments: