Search this Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bombarded by Botanicals

SSSSSSSSSPRING!!!!!!!! A couple weekends ago Tom and I celebrated the arrival of Spring! It is one of the most beautiful ways to say goodbye to winter and remember there is lots of color and beauty at the end of that cold, dreary tunnel.

We trekked out to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden for the Sakura Matsuri: Cherry Blossom Festival and it did not disappoint! Not only that, we also got in for free courtesy of my student status. Taking a break from my studies paid off, literally! We were pleasantly surprised and unaware of the discount for the day so that was a nice cherry. Speaking of cherries, look at these blossoms!
Canopies of blossoms went on and on across rows of fields. There were lots of people dressed up in Japanese costumes and frocks. I didn't get any pictures (I was too in love with the flowers!) but it was fun to see! (Next I'd like to visit the New York Botanical Garden located in the Bronx--aren't we so lucky to have two of them so close by!?).
We walked all over the gardens and just had a fun afternoon in nature.
My favorites were the tulips. I constantly get distracted gawking at them and soaking up the tone of their richly dipped petals growing out of the designated spots in City sidewalks.
I could've spent hours admiring them in the Garden if there had been time.
It was a glorious day!








1 comment:

Amy said...

um, i swear i commented before. but obviously not?!

gorgeous flowers + gorgeous faces! looking forward to seeing you guys on the water this weekend. :)