Search this Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

We interupt this lack in blogging...

...to bring you some of my favorite reality show videos as of late, since I'm still trying to catch up on my own reality episodes to share with you. Yes I know I'm kind of a reality junky, but only when it comes to the ones with substance at least! I don't watch the gossipy ones like Housewives or Jersey Shore, but I'm a sure fire sucker for talent, y'all!

As you know, I'm loving The Voice. Especially how it doesn't take two nights and four hours to move the show forward, it only takes one. Each team is smoothly dropping from 8, to 4, and now to 2 each as America saves one person and a coach / judge saves another. I dig it. This week I voted for the first time in my whole life. I called 10 times in succession for this most recent performance by Javier Colon, cause you know I've loved him from day one! I also want to vote for this rocker, Beverly McClellan. Awesome singer. If it's down to these two in the end, ...I don't know what I'll do!

But what I really want to talk to you about is America's Got Talent. Have you been watching this season?! I never get bored with this one. How could you not fall in love with 10 year old Jackie Evancho last season? I was also very smitten by Prince Poppycock (aka male Lady Gaga). I still check Broadway listings to see if he's landed a glam role yet. Love him!

Here are some of my fave auditions for this season.
The silly, the smart, and the just plain cute and wonderful.

1. Who doesn't like human midget puppets dancing to Ice, Ice Baby?! Honestly, I couldn't move around like this inside so much stuffing.

2. I've never seen this before. My inner nerd was in awe, and kind of turned on.


3. These might be my favorite auditions. Effective immediately, my nephew Xander needs to start rapping more. Especially since he no longer needs subtitles to be understood. Boo-yah! He also needs to get his buds together and coreograph some dance moves. These talented little guys reminded me so much of him!

1 comment:

Rae said...

Oh my gosh, I loved those clips!!!
I know I probably owe you a phone call and we need to get together. The last six weeks of my life have been pretty insane and as of this weekend things are FINALLY slowing down. It sounds like you're pretty busy yourself.
Chat soon doll.