Search this Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gimp Life: The Finale

Look Ma, my shoes match!
I have been released from my booted-bonds and am allowed to wear shoes that match each other. No more peg leg, or single FMB wearing. Whether this upgrade to matching shoes matches my outfits is another story, but they have to be loose shoes or sneakers so it's between these peppy colored Aasics (more comfortable) and a pair of comfy black boots (more fashionable). I can't wait to wear heals again, but I have a feeling that's still a ways off. This is excellent news for my budget because I can't shop for shoes either. Sad for my soul / soles. (Sorry, it was a pun just begging to be used).

My focus now is on stretching out the joint by walking and manually pushing and twisting it daily. In a few weeks I'll have the pin removed, and probably be fit for an orthodic. The original pain on the pad of my foot is back now that the bandages and boot are off and I don't have that extra padding evening out the way my foot hits the ground. I'll be glad when that is gone for good. Even though I had to hobble for a month, it was fairly pain free and that part I enjoyed.

It's crazy to look at the before pictures and see the improvement. It's not perfect, because the joint was so set already, but it is such a huge improvement! My foot doesn't have a side bump or crooked bone anymore! I'm really happy I had this done. I'm even happier the weather has begun to cooperate, that I can now shower without worry, and that my shoes match! Tom is glad I don't have a stinky foot anymore.

My roommate has a similar problem but on her pinky toes, and she has decided to use my doctor and have both feet fixed. She goes under this Friday for the first foot, and I'll be able to help her in her recovery the way she helped me. We feeties gotta stick together!

Thanks to all the people who sent sweet messages, included me in their prayers, came to visit and got together with me close to home to make life easier. I felt very thought of and taken care of. Thank you!

No comments: